Here is a few pointers to keep in mind when choosing the right Diamond for you.
1) Cost: Budget is extremley important to keep in mind, The reason for this is when choosing a Diamond you can decide which is more important to you. Would you like a bigger stone with more inclusions or a smaller stone with higher specs?
2) Carat: Carat refers to the size of the Diamond. 1 carat = 100 points. Points are what most people will see on the certificate, forexample: 0.75 = 3/4 carat.
3) Colour: Diamonds are graded in colours ranging from white to tinted white, or D colour at the best to Z at the worst.
4) Clarity: All natural Diamonds have traces of their growth history, as they are a product of nature. With Clarity we describe a Diamond's Purity. A certificate will show LC or IF at the best end of the scale "Loupe Clean" , "Internally Flawless" to P3 which is heavily included.
5) Cut: This is possibly the trickiest of them all but, in the main, a badly cut stone will have no sparkle. The cut of a Diamond is divided into 3 grades: Proportion (cut grade), Polish and Symmetry and these are graded on a certificate by Excellent, Very Good, Good and Fair.
6) Shape: This is the easiest for you as its whatever suits your hand. Be it the classic Brilliant, Princess, Marquise, or The fancy shapes Oval, Heart, Pear, Emerald Cut or Radiant.
We, at Greenes, have over 100 years of experience helping couples choose the perfect Diamond for them. We have the best quality Diamonds at the best possible prices.
When you choose the perfect Diamond then we can design the most perfect ring, pendant or earrings for you.